University Guest Lectures

by IBM Academic Ambassadors

Lecture topic

Lecture language

Lecture duration

Speaker location

Speaker travel

Found 14 results


Jumpstart on building clever assistants (chatbots)

Virtual Assistants, a more advanced chatbots, are getting popular as automated customer touchpoints. During this workshop we will get to know the basic building blocks of chatbots - intents, entities, dialog and context. These blocks are nowadays considered to be …

Topics

AI / Automation

Lecture language

CzechEnglishSlovak

RPA ( Robotics Process Automation )

Cristeam has a technical background working as full stack developer in a couple of start-ups then he move towards the Automation area as a developer, IT architecture and team lead with main focus on Robotics Process Automation.

He also has a …


Robotics Process Automation (RPA)

During my 4+years of experience in the Robotics Process Automation area doing rolls from IT technical developer and team lead to business consultant, I can provide a complete set of lectures end to end on this topic from a initial …


AI bots, what are they and how can/do they affect your role as a Leader/Manager?

Created so it can serve as a discussion starter for teachers delivering leadership training or used for starting a class discussion.

Through a combination of talk, video demonstration and Q&A the focus is on understanding what AI bots are, some of …


A Chatbot to teach programming in Primary Education

Teaching programming in Primary Education has recently attracted a great deal of interest. One global trend is using multimedia languages such as Scratch. However, by using Pedagogic Conversational Agents that dialog with the students, they have to think how to …


A Gentle Introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP)

The talk provides a gentle introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP). It explains how NLP relates to Text-mining and other areas of AI, such as Machine Learning, Chatbots, etc. The talk covers the basic building blocks of NLP. It discusses …


TJBot - a tangible introduction to A.I. services

Half-day hands-on workshop where attendees will build their own TJBot robot, bring him to life and connect him to IBM Cloud services like visual recognition, speech to text, text to speech and Watson Assistant.

What is TJBot?
https://tjbotcz.github.io/en.html

Requirements:
TJBotCZ kit
(available …


Beyond Chatbots: Building Virtual Assistants with IBM Watson AI (Workshop)

This workshop will take you beyond building a simple Q&A chatbot, and show you how to use AI and other services to construct a cognitive virtual assistant.

Over the course of the workshop, using a set of fully guided tutorials, …

Topics

AI / AutomationCloud & Data

Lecture language

English

Chatbots 101 With Watson Assistant (Workshop)

Chatbots are becoming pervasive when it comes to improving many aspects of customer experience, whether it’s providing customer service, presenting product recommendations, streamlining the shopping experience, or providing natural language interfaces to existing applications.

With the IBM Watson Assistant service, you …

Topics

AI / AutomationCloud & Data

Lecture language

English

Quantum Computing Jumpstart

The pace of technological evolution in computing has been astonishing, allowing for amazing innovation for business and society. However, the complexity and size of the challenges that people want to solve with information and communication technology, make that conventional computers …


Enriching Chatbots with Knowledge Discovery using Watson

Chatbots are applied today in many Industry Sectors and Business Processes. But a best practice is to prepare and train the Chatbot for 80 % of the rather routine questions, while the remaining 20 % of more difficult questions should …


Creating a smart diagnosis system

There are many cases in which experts are required to carry out diagnosis, i.e., given a list of observed symptoms, find the problem that is causing these symptoms. Examples include medical diagnosis, where a healthcare professional needs to discern the …

Topics

AI / Automation

Lecture language

EnglishHebrew

Detecting and expressing affect in text

Humans experience of the world can be decomposed into Cognition (what we think), Affects (what we feel) and Action (what we do). Until now, computers have been very successful in the Cognitive and Action domains: computers replace, extend and analyze …

Topics

AI / Automation

Lecture language

EnglishHebrew

Challenges in the Chatbot

Chatbots will probably predominantly own the future of man-machine interface. We see them progressively taking over in Customer Care centers, Command and Control systems, and as Personal assistance. From the underlying framework point of view, one of the most interesting …

Topics

AI / Automation

Lecture language

EnglishHebrew