This workshop will take you beyond building a simple Q&A chatbot, and show you how to use AI and other services to construct a cognitive virtual assistant.
Over the course of the workshop, using a set of fully guided tutorials, you will:
- build a cognitive virtual assistant
- take advantage of multiple chat user interfaces
- see how to use additional AI services when building your assistant to enhance the end-user experience
- use cognitive search to integrate a large knowledge base with your assistant
- test user sentiment and provide appropriate customised responses
- integrate your assistant with external third-party data sources
Once you've worked through the lab exercises, you'll be fully equipped to create your own virtual assistant using IBM Cloud and IBM Watson!
I'm the Technical Leader and CTO for IBM's UK and Ireland Commercial Business Unit, helping our clients across all industries improve their business results through the use of IBM's technology and services. I work with clients on cognitive computing, AI, chatbots, visual recognition, natural language understanding, low-code application development, IBM Watson, blockchain, Design Thinking, cloud computing, Node-RED. And a bunch of other stuff!
I also lead:
- IBM's Digital Skills Academy program, helping to build contemporary technical and business skills in early career technical professionals (both in IBM and our clients), with the goal of making attendees more productive and confident in addressing client business problems.
- IBM's Rapid Prototyping Team, a multi-disciplinary group of IBM early career professionals who create prototypes that bring client conversations to life, demonstrating the art of the possible and the feasibility of technology solutions that address client pain points, in a matter of weeks.