This 4 hours hands-on workshop gives the students an introduction to Node-RED running on IBM Cloud.
They will also ingest IoT data from their Raspberry Pi into the Node-RED application through the Watson IoT Platform.
The content of the workshop is:
- Introduction to development processes and Node-RED
- Exercise 1: Export (Backup) / Import of Node-RED Flows
- Exercise 2: The Inject Node – Initialize a flow / use it as a timer
- Exercise 3: The Function Node – Scope of variables, Multiple outputs etc.
- Exercise 4: A Raspberry Pi CPU Temperature Simulator
- Exercise 5: Adding your Raspberry Pi CPU Temperature to the graph
- Exercise 6 [OPTIONAL]: A gauge that react on all three Pi’s
Pre-requisites for the students:-
- All the pre-requisites from the Hands-on Workshop - Part 1 - Watson IoT Platform
- and of course participated in that workshop
Internet of Things for real...
I'm working with Internet of Things solutions being part of the European Watson IoT organization at IBM.
Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT for buildings, industrial assets and vehicles
Watson IoT Platform
IBM Cloud (fka Bluemix)