This 4 hours hands-on workshop gives the students an introduction to IoT and Watson IoT Platform running on IBM Cloud, which they will use during 5-6 hands-on exercises.
The content of the workshop is:
- Introduction to IoT and Watson IoT Platform
- Exercise 1: Create an instance of Watson IoT Platform in your IBM Cloud account
- Exercise 2: Create a Node.js client on your Raspberry Pi to send data to Watson IoT Platform using MQTT
- Exercise 3: Create a Node-RED application showing data from your Raspberry Pi
- Exercise 4: Modify your Node-RED application to add more functionality
- Exercise 5: Add MQTT command to your system
- Exercise 6 [OPTIONAL]: Add more fun dashboards to be explored
Pre-requisites for the students:
- They have learned about Node.js
- They have acquired a Raspberry Pi Zero WiFi
- They are using Visual Studio Code including the sFTP plugin to push their code to the Pi
- They have created an Academic account on IBM Cloud
Internet of Things for real...
I'm working with Internet of Things solutions being part of the European Watson IoT organization at IBM.
Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT for buildings, industrial assets and vehicles
Watson IoT Platform
IBM Cloud (fka Bluemix)