16:30 Introduction and platform sketch
16:45 What is Strategy?
17:15 Case: IBM's transformation
- 5 min introduction to the case
- 20 min discussion and comments
- 5 min what happened?
17:45 Summary and ideas
John is a client-facing management consultant at IBM with a background in strategy and digital research, contributing process skills such as opportunity- and issue framing, interviewing, workshop facilitation, analysis, presentation, IBM design thinking. His main content skills include:
- Strategic management & Marketing
- Decision-making, economic analysis & executive communication
- Operating models including KPIs, governance and business processes
- Research and Innovation
- Reviews and Due diligence
- Citizenship and Engagement
John designs, sells and delivers team engagements to clients on behalf of IBM. During his 20+ years at the intersection of strategy and technology he has written about B2C e-commerce (1999), B2B electronic marketplaces (2001), and collaborative B2B in buyer-supplier relationships (2007) from a value- and capability perspective. He is a regular contributor to the award winning IBM Sweden THINK Blog. Together with professor Thomas Kalling at Lund University, he published "Business Models and Strategy" (2019).